- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric, Ginger, & Cumin Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon coriander, roughly chopped
- 400g canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 300g coconut milk
- 1 cup red lentils
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup water
- In a pot, heat the oil.
- Saute the onion over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until soft
- Add garlic, ginger, Turmeric, Ginger, & Cumin Spice Blend, garam masala, and coriander.
- Cook until fragrant, which should be around 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced and the tomatoes have softened which should be around 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the lentils, reduce to medium-low heat. Cook until the lentils are tender which should be 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, making sure that the lentils do not stick to the bottom of the pot, while cooking.
- Switch off the heat, and fold in the baby spinach leaves and cook until wilted, which should be around 3 minutes.
*Serve with coconut rice, or rice, or millet, or cauliflower rice or quinoia
**This is a great make-ahead meal and can keep well in the fridge for up to week
Enjoy! If you made this dish, share it with us @_heyingrid_ #heyingrid