- ½ cup (120 ml) unsweetened plain almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- ¾Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp nut butter (creamy or crunchy; any nut butter of your choice)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar, organic brown sugar, or stevia to taste
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1-2 cardamom seeds crushed into powder (optional)
- In a mason jar or small bowl, add the chia seeds, nut butter, and maple syrup (or other sweetener, as you please) and with a spoon, stir the ingredients together to combine. The nut butter doesn't need to be well mixed with the almond milk, as it leaves random swirls of nut butter to enjoy
- Add the oats and stir it through a few more times. Using the back of a spoon, press down on the oats gently, to ensure that the oats have been moistened and are immersed in the milk.
- Cover securely with a lid or cling wrap, and refrigerate it for at least 6 hours, but overnight is best, if you have the time!
- The next day, open and enjoy as is, or garnish with the extra toppings (see options below).
- Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, though we recommend eating it within the first 12-24 hours.
*We recommend eating this with our Goji Berry Jam.
- Sliced banana, strawberries or raspberries
- Flaxseed meal or additional chia seed
Enjoy! If you made this recipe, share it with us @_heyingrid_ #heyingrid