- 250g green lentils
- 70g pine nuts
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp of Turmeric, Ginger & Cumin Spice Blend
- ½ tbsp of Lemongrass, Ginger & Paprika Spice Blend
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g canned tomatoes, chopped
- pinch of sugar
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- 125g crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Wash the lentils and put them in a pot with plenty of water
- Bring the pot to a boil, and add a pinch of salt. Cook for 20 mins or until tender (but not falling apart)
- Cube the butternut pumpkin, toss with with olive oil. Spread the cubed pumpkin on a shallow baking pan and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Roast for 30 minutes.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, slice the onions and cook them in the remaining olive oil over low heat for 5 minutes without browning, then add the spice blends and some salt and cook for a minute longer, stirring consistently.
- Add half of the chopped parsley and coriander and mix well
- Plate the cooked spiced lentils and add roasted pumpkins on top.
- Top with crumbled feta and a sprinkle of pine nuts.
Serves 4 to 6
*Serve with rice or potatoes, the choice is limitless!
Enjoy! If you made this dish, share it with us @_heyingrid_ #heyingrid