- 175g wholemeal flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 75g butter (cut into pieces)
- 25g butter (melted)
- 115g cooked sweet potato and mashed
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric, ginger and cumin spice blend
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 100ml milk
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
For the filling
- 1 cup shredded chedder cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside
- In a bowl place flour, baking powder, salt, linseed meals, fennel seeds, turmeric mix and cumin
- Sprinkle over butter pieces and rub in using pastry blender under the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs and make a well in the centre.
- Put mashed sweet potato in to a small bowl and whisk in milk until smooth
- Pour into the well, stirring lightly, until a soft dough forms into a rough bowl
- Place on a lightly floured surface and knead 8-10 times using a lightly floured rolling pin
- Roll the dough to about 0.5cm thick rectangle, until you achieve a 25-30 cm wide rectangle.
- Then brush with the melted butter
- Combine the filling ingredients into a small bowl and sprinkle over the dough, starting at one long end, roll the dough swiss roll style
- Cut into 2.5cm slices and arrange cut side down onto the baking sheet about 1 cm apart.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 12 minutes
- Remove to a wire rack to cool slightly, before serving.
*This is our favourite morning and arvo tea snack! Perfect accompaniment with EVERYTHING!
Enjoy! If you made this dish, share it with us @_heyingrid_ #heyingrid